Ph.D. Harvard, 2006 (advisor: Professor E. Roger Owen)
Fields of Interests
History of the Ottoman Empire with a special interest in the socio-legal history of the late Ottoman Empire; The passage of the Middle East to modernity; The rule of law in the modern Middle East; Social history of late Ottoman Palestine.
- Modern Arabic Narratives: Self, Society, and Culture, undergraduate course, Harvard
University (teaching fellow in a course taught by Professor William Granara)
- Middle Eastern Studies Research Project, graduate (MA) seminar, Harvard University,
(TF in a course taught by Professor Laila Parsons)
- The Making and Remaking of the Modern Middle East, undergraduate course, Harvard
University (Head TF in a course taught by Professor Roger Owen)
- Ottoman State and Society: Themes in History and Historiography, MA course (international program), BGU.
- The Long 19th Century: Ottoman Modernity, BA course,BGU.
- Society and Culture in the Ottoman Empire: Selected Themes, BA course, BGU.
- Introduction to the Ottoman Empire, BA Course (obligatory), BGU.
- Methods and Approaches in the Study of the Modern Middle East, MA methodology course (obligatory), BGU.