For additional details 08-6461060
- The Courses will be open depending on a minimum number of registrant.
According to Ben-Gurion University regulations, every student who has past the entrance examination in his mother tongue (not Hebrew), is required to learn Hebrew in special courses (dedicated for new immigrants) in purpose to achieve exemption.
The studies program is similar at all the universities in the country.
Main goals of the course:
The purpose of this Hebrew program is to provide, at the end of the highest level (6th level), a good basis of communication skills in modern Hebrew and to give students an extended knowledge of their new language; in addition, the goal is to prepare them for their academic tasks i.e. to give, listen and understand lectures; to read theoretical material; and to draw up and present academic and scientific reports relevant to their domain of activities.
Classify to classes
1. Students in the University- according to their "Yael" test - levels "hei", "vav".
2. University candidates who need to study Hebrew course - level "daled".
3. Courses for the public- for those people interested in improving their proficiency in the Hebrew language for daily use - levels "alef", "bet", "gimel".
Levels Classification will be done according to:
1. "Yael" test -mainly for students or nominees:
• Level "Daled": 59 to 83 points
• Level "Hei": 84 to 106 points
• Level "Vav": 107 to 131 points
• Exemption : Above 131 points
* All registered students at Ben-Gurion University are required to take the "Yael" test to determine their Hebrew level.
* Nominees who are not classified at least to level "Hei", won't be able to begin their University studies, even if their admission requirements are matched to the bar.
* Nominees with level less than "Vav" won't be able to register to the Health Sciences Faculty.
2. Classifications exams- Only for levels "alef", "bet", "gimel" & for general public. The exams don't require any payment, and obligate every nominee who doesn't have a grade in "Yael" test.
• Basic Course: levels "alef", "bet", "gimel", "daled" + All levels on summer courses -The registration form has to be filled and delivered to the Pre-Academic Center by email or fax.
• Advanced Course: levels "hei", "vav" – the registration for the courses is available through the University website, as a part of the semesterial online registration of the student. (By the student himself).
(Numbers Courses: Level "Daled" 503-5-0004, Level "hei" 503-5-0005, Level "vav" 503-5-0006.)
Payment for the course
It is possible to pay for the course in cash or in credit card- up to 3 payments.
* Basic Course- the payments will be done in the office of the pre-academic center.
* Advanced Course- the payment will be done by the student's accounts department, as a part of the annual tuition of the student.
Cancellation Registration Procedure
The cancellation of the registration has occurred until one day before the course opening- The registrant will be charge in half of the course cost.
If the cancellation and studies dropout has occurred after the course already opened- The registrant will be charge in all of the course cost, on the account of the tuition.
- Every announcement of studies dropout & registration cancellation must be delivered by E-Mail to the Academic Center Mail box.
The courses will be taught during the afternoon hours.
Specific hours and days will be publish in this site, under " notice board"à" Hebrew courses".
Announcement of the opening and location/non-opening, and registration status will be publish as well at the center site.
Conditions: for validation of Exemption
A nominee may be exempted from taking the "Yael" test and studying Hebrew, for one or more of the following conditions:
1. The nominee got an exemption from Hebrew studies in other university in Israel. (An approval from other pre-academic institute is required).
2. The nominee got 132 (or more) at "Yael" test.
In calculating the final grade in each course, the student's achievements, exercises and tests that has been taken along the semester- will be considerate (according to the lecturer decision ).
The passing grade from level to level is 65, and 75 for the last level (Vav) final exam (which provide an exemption).
Class attendance is obligatory. Student witch will be absent from 3 lessons or more, won't be able to take the final exams of his course.