Students' Dormitories at Beer-Sheva (Main Campus)
The dormitories are intended for all students coming for a minimum of one year, including students in the pre-academic preparatory programs, and accommodate about 1500 beds for singles and couples. The two dormitories are located on both sides of the campus, in Neighborhoods Gimel and Daled. Each dormitory has a supervisor in charge of the maintenance of the buildings, equipment, and regular and ongoing activities. Students are employed in the dormitories as social counselors to oversee social activity and solve personal and interpersonal problems among the students.
Housing information for the Beer-Sheva campus »
Graduate Student Housing at Beer-Sheva (Main Campus)
BGU initiated the construction of a housing project for doctoral students with the desire to provide them with a high-quality and homogeneous residential environment close to BGU, enabling them to optimally combine their academic career with raising a family.
The project is scheduled for occupancy in October 2019.
The complex is designed for couples and families of advanced degree students.
Preference will be given to PhD students. Following them, postdoctoral and graduate students at BGU may apply for housing at the complex.
Gradute Student Housing Infomration »
Students' Dormitories at Sede-Boqer
The student dormitories of the Sede-Boqer Campus are in "Midreshet Ben-Gurion" and are intended for students who study mainly in the Sede-Boqer campus. It is located in the heart of the campus, close to the research institutes, classrooms, and laboratories.
There are 198 housing units, of the following types:
A. single units.
B. couple units.
C. Family units.
Dormitory rental fees include municipal taxes, internet hook-up, as well as maintenance and janitorial services. Rent does not include electricity and water use. The students who live in the dormitories enjoy quality living conditions, including private units, with full basic accouterments including: bed, cupboards, kitchen, tables, chairs, shelves, laundry lines, refrigerator, an electrical stove. Additional services include: laundry machines, study rooms, computer rooms, a television room, etc. There is also a night duty person, for emergencies that occur after regular working hours.
A 24/7 security office is responsible for various security issues.
The rental agreement is renewed at the beginning of each academic year. For example:
2016/2017 agreement of permission
The dormitories are managed by the Hospitality Administration Department, whose goal is to provide a high level of service to both students and scientific guests of the campus. The department deals with Student dormitories, Guest House, Assistance with visa issues for students and overseas guests, Assistance with health insurance for students and overseas guests, Assistance with personal and social aspects of the residents' lives (including logistical, administrative, social and other issues).
More information for "Albert Katz International School for Desert Studies" applicants.
More information for "The Woodman-Scheller Israel Studies International Program (WSISIP)" applicants.
Rules and Regulations
1. Rent, electricity and water can be paid by credit card, check or cash.
2. Rent is paid monthly, electricity and water are paid once every 4 months.
3. There is a standard, mandatory cash deposit upon moving into the dorms.
4. Growing or feeding pets around the dorm area is forbidden.
5. Lighting fire is forbidden around the dorm area.
6. You should keep all the equipment in the apartment in good condition and
returned it in the same condition.
7. Loud noise is forbidden after 23:00 pm. Please be considerate to your
8. Drilling holes or altering the structure of the dormitories in any way is
9. Do not take furniture outside from the apartment.
10. Installing shade in the balcony of the apartment or at the dorm's area is
11. You should keep the apartment in appropriate and proper condition.
12. Following the year visits will be performed to check if procedures are kept.
13. Washing and drying machines are located in the dormitories area. To operate
the machines, insert a 5NIS coin.
14. All students must have health insurance. Israeli insurance companies tend
NOT to insure for pre-existing conditions.