Learn to speak Hebrew or Arabic
and immerse yourself in Israeli culture
Program Dates: July 30th – August 31st, 2023
Want to learn Hebrew or Arabic? Looking to spend the summer in Israel?
Join us this summer for a unique opportunity to learn Hebrew or Arabic while living in Beer-Sheva, Israel, and learning about Israeli society.
This program allows you to choose between an Ulpan-style (conversation-based) Hebrew course or Conversational Levantine Arabic course, and participate in an academic course on Israeli society.
Alongside peers from around the globe, you will travel on field trips and hear from experts on topics including sustainability, the innovation ecosystem, minority communities, Israeli cinema, and more.
We look forward to seeing you on campus!
About the Course:
- 70 hours of Hebrew (3 levels of Hebrew offered) OR Arabic (Beginner's Level Conversational Levantine Arabic)*
- Field trips throughout Israel
- Lectures on modern Israeli culture
- Potential to earn 3 BGU Academic credits (approx 5 ECTS) upon submission of a final paper
* Levels will open according to a minimum of students registered
Who can apply?
Enrolled in an academic institution as a full-time student or met this criterion within the last five years
Study Abroad students
Gap year students
International students studying in Israel
Course Dates: July 30th – August 31st, 2023
Application Deadline: April 30, 2023
Tuitions and Fees:
Application Fee: $60
On-Campus Housing: $450
* Tuition includes social activities, field trips around Israel, access to the university sports center & health insurance.
Questions? Please feel free to reach out with any questions to the program coordinator Liat Bussiba at firstname.lastname@example.org.