Semester & Year Programs
A BGU experience is more than your typical study abroad. In our programs, immersion is our priority. During your time here, you will study alongside Israeli and international students alike, providing you with the special opportunity to meet and build friendships with people from a variety of backgrounds. Beyond your academic studies, you and your peers will also get to know one another through a variety of social activities within a dynamic campus atmosphere. We welcome you to join us!
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU) is a research powerhouse, with state-of-the-art facilities, 60 interdisciplinary research hubs, several affiliated hospitals, and a diverse, dynamic, welcoming community of students.
BGU offers international students, access to hundreds of academic courses in English in various fields, one-on-one guidance, and unparalleled opportunities all while earning credits toward your degree without the need to extend your studies. At BGU, our team of academic and social counselors is here to help you find exactly what you're looking for – and to feel at home on our campus.
Since its inception, BGU has played a key role in the unique ecosystem where higher education, hi-tech, industry, business, medicine, and government come together to develop ground breaking research and bring new applications to the market. As we believe that world challenges require multidisciplinary and comprehensive solutions, our students are actively encouraged to work together with our researchers, local and international companies, and partners, to solve our planet's greatest challenges – such as reusable energy, water conservation, public health – and we are at the forefront of these research efforts.
BGU strives for excellence in scientific innovation, cross-disciplinary collaboration, and pushing boundaries to impact communities around the globe. We can't wait to see your impact!
Fast facts about BGU:
- BGU is located on 3 campuses in Southern Israel, with its main campus in the heart of the fastest-growing ecosystem in Israel, in Be'er-Sheva
- Home to 20,000 students and research fellows, including 1,000 international students from more than 75 countries
- 6 Academic Faculties, all of which offer courses in English:
o Natural Sciences
o Desert Studies
o Humanities & Social Sciences
o Health Sciences
o Business & Management
Advantages of Be'er-Sheva:
- BGU's Be'er-Sheva campus is the most vibrant, social, diverse, and active campus in Israel, while the city still has a relatively low cost of living.
- You'll have the opportunity to explore diverse cultures, immerse yourself in the Israeli student population, and become part of a tight-knit international community.
- Be'er-Sheva's location in southern Israel means it is surrounded by gorgeous desert views, but also an easy hour-long train ride away from Tel-Aviv.
What will you gain from studying abroad at BGU?
Expand your world views and stand out from the crowd. Studying in such a unique place with a diverse, yet tight community will give you the edge you need.
Network. Network. Network. Be'er-Sheva's thriving ecosystem where higher education, hi-tech, industry, business, medicine, and government come together will be a great base for you to take the next leap.
Program of study
Dive deeper into your current area of study or explore a new field. You also have the opportunity to create your own program of study by tailoring courses from our comprehensive general catalog. Students in their third or fourth year of undergraduate studies may also attend graduate courses in English.
See courses here »
Tuitions and Fees:
Application Fee: $60
Late Application Fee: $100
Base Tuition: $7200 $450 per month (or part of a month)
Base Tuition: $11200
On-Campus Housing:$450 per month (or part of a month)
* Tuition Fees for all Semester or Year-Long Programs include weekly social activities, academic field trips, trips around Israel, access to the university sports center & health insurance
o VP for Global Engagement academic mobility provision fund
o Merit-Based competitive scholarships are offered for the Semester\Year programs.
o Grants are also available through Masa Israel Journey (a joint project of the Israeli Government and the Jewish Agency for Israel), for those who are eligible. To find out more and to apply, please visit Masa Israel.
Apply here: https://www.tfaforms.com/399172
Email us at email@example.com