Dear BGU Community,
We are all following the fast-spreading Omicron variant with concern. In order to be able to continue with academic life while taking steps to protect the health of all those entering campus, the academic calendar will be revised as follows:
1. First semester will end as scheduled. Until end of first semester, courses taking place in classrooms with a system that enables hybrid study may be attended online (the lecturer will decide whether to allow active participation of students who are not physically present in the classroom).
2. The exam period will begin January 16, 2022 and end March 18, 2022. Please note that the exam schedule posted at the beginning of the semester will change as a result. The new exam schedule will be posted as soon as it is ready. These changes are being made to ensure that exams can be held frontally and safely while spacing the classes and preventing crowdedness in closed areas.
3. The second semester will begin March 20, 2022 and will end July 1, 2022.
4. During the week before Passover, classes will be conducted online on Wednesday-Thursday, April 13-14, 2022
5. Exam period for second semester will begin July 3, 2022 – one week after the original planned date.
It is essential that we all adhere to regulations. It is especially important to wear masks in the classroom at all times.
Best regards and stay safe,
Prof. Chaim Hames