Dear Ben-Gurion University Community,
Following Government and Ministry of Health Decisions, an update follows regarding conduct on campus from Wednesday, August 18, 2021 and until further notice:
1. Entrance to campus is only for those with a Green Pass, recovery certificate or a negative PCR Coronavirus test taken in the previous 72 hours or a quick test in the previous 24 hours. Staff who are not vaccinated because of medical reasons should contact the HR welfare section. Students who are not vaccinated are asked to contact the Dean of Students.
2. Regulations should be followed regarding conduct in both open and closed spaces, but especially mask wearing in closed spaces.
3. Lessons, exams, and teaching lab activities will continue to be both frontal and hybrid.
4. Research lab and library activities will continue to operate as usual and in accordance with regulations (mask wearing etc.).
5. Conferences and events will take place in accordance with instructions from the events committee and Coronavirus coordinator, while there is a preference to hold conferences and events online as much as is possible. Every event with more than 10 participants (in a building or open space) must have permission and instructions from the Coronavirus supervisor, which you can receive by completing the online form. 6. The Coronavirus supervisor must be contacted in every case of a staff member / student / guest testing positive for the virus. One of the most important ways to prevent mass infection is by quickly taking steps to isolate all those who have been in contact with the verified person. Declaration form for isolation.
We ask that those who have not yet been vaccinated do so as soon as possible.