The Feinberg Graduate School of the Weizmann Institute of Science (WIS) is pleased to announce a new call for this postdoctoral fellowships program, combining research in a Weizmann Institute laboratory with a leading laboratory in another country.
The program is designed to encourage progress towards an academic career, by offering opportunities for international research experience to excellent female PhD graduates who are unable to relocate for a conventional postdoc abroad. Please note that the program now offers full fellowships to the awardees, together with an enhanced travel budget. The hosting supervisors are expected to provide mentorship in projects that are initiated by the candidates, and aimed at their development as independent scientists.
The program will allow maximal flexibility in the division of the candidate's time between the two host laboratories, and successful fellows will be free to modify their research plans and time commitments to each of the host laboratories according to the evolving needs of the project. Fellowships will be awarded on a competitive basis, and academic excellence will be the overriding consideration in choice of awardees.
Applications are evaluated once per year, and the next deadline for applications will be May 14, 2020.
· Ph.D. graduates from all Israeli universities with excellent academic and research track records.
· WIS Ph.D. graduates who wish to conduct postdoctoral training at WIS may apply to this program only after prior approval by the program committee. Please contact the chair of the WIS postdoctoral program for details.
· Applicants must be within 2 years of PhD approval date.
· Applicants will be required to show that the combined Postdoctoral research between a WIS laboratory and laboratory abroad has been agreed upon and approved by both sides.
· WIS PhD graduates who wish to conduct postdoctoral training with their PhD advisor MAY NOT apply to this program.
· The candidate should have already submitted her online· application to the WIS Postdoctoral Program.
Funding and duration
The program will provide a full postdoctoral fellowship for two years, with an option to extend for an additional two years if warranted. In addition, $ 10,000 per year will be provided for travel, accommodation and per diem costs of the fellow related to the collaboration with the overseas laboratory.
Funding may be carried over from one year to the next if the budget is not fully utilized, as long as the fellow does not carry over more than $ 10,000 in any given year. Unused funds that cannot be carried over will be returned to the overall program budget, for the future benefit of other fellows.
1. Short CV (2 pages maximum).
2. list of main publications (2 pages maximum)
3. Research plan- please submit a research plan under the co-mentorship of two postdoctoral advisors, one from the Weizmann Institute and one from a leading laboratory in another country. The research plan will outline the topic, the collaborating laboratories, and the mode of collaboration (3 pages maximum).
4. A formal approval of the doctorate degree.
5. Supporting letters from the two co-mentors.
6. A letter of support from the PhD advisor.
7. Up to two additional letters of support are optional.
How to apply:
Nominations of candidates will be done via an online service. In order to apply, please do the following:
For candidates who have a WIS account:
1. Click the link
2. Use your username and password to access the system (You can access the system only with a computer connected to WIS network)
3. Select a CALL (in this case: Combined Weizmann-Abroad Postdoctoral Program for Advancing Women in Science)
4. Upload the required documents in PDF. Format only.
5. Input the name(s) of your referee(s) whom you wish to submit a letter on behalf of you
6. Ask your referees to upload their letters of recommendation
7. Upon completing the session and clicking the SUBMIT CHANGES button the system will send you an email with unique links to each of the referees you have listed. You may send each one of them the link and they will be able to access the system and submit their letter (no username and password will be required)
For candidates who do not have a WIS account:
Please note that before submitting an application to this fellowship, candidates MUST first register for a postdoctoral training position through the FGS postdoctoral registration online form.
For external candidates who have already submitted his/her online application form to the Postdoctoral Fellowship Program at the Institute:
1. Please send an e-mail of request for a username and password to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Click the link
3. Use your username and password to access the system
4. Select a CALL (in this case: Combined Weizmann-Abroad Postdoctoral Program for Advancing Women in Science)
5. Upload the required documents in PDF. Format only.
6. Input the name(s) of your referee(s) whom you wish to submit a letter on behalf of you
7. Ask your referees to upload their letters of recommendation
8. Upon completing the session and clicking the SUBMIT CHANGES button the system will send you an email with unique links to each of the referees you have listed. You may send each one of them the link and they will be able to access the system and submit their letter (no username and password will be required).
· You may access the system as many times as you wish, view the existing files and upload additional ones until the deadline mentioned below. Thereafter the particular CALL will be blocked.
· You will be notified when one of your referees has submitted a recommendation letter on your behalf.
· Each time you click the SUBMIT CHANGES button the system will send you a reminder with a list of the missing documents and letters.
· Another reminder will be sent to you three days before the deadline.
· Please notify the FGS in case you encounter a problem during submission
· Incomplete files will NOT be reviewed