Instructions for course registration –2nd Semester 2015
Students for Ph.D. studies (code 3)
Studies for the 2nd semester of 2015 will begin on Sunday March 8, 2015.
The following are instructions and dates regarding the registration process.
Internet registration dates and permits:
Registration for courses in all the departments can be done by students independently on the Internet. All the course rosters appear under: “Information services for students and candidates” – “Course information” and each specific departmental course roster. Doctoral students must register before each semester during all their years of study; if a student does not register for studies, his/her scholarship is revoked.
The Internet website will be accessible between 11.2.2015 – 5.3.2015
between 14:00-23:59. The web address is:
In order to register for courses, you are required to provide your personal, authorized login + password. If you have not yet received your personal authorization codes, you can get them immediately by using your secret 4-digit “pin number” (given to you previously either on your registration forms or on your receipts). Go online to: http://bgu4u.bgu.ac.il/getinfos/getinfo.php to open a user account. This is done only once.
or by calling 08-6472788. If this fails, you should immediately go to the Computer Center in building 62, room 17, with your I.D. papers, where you will receive your computer access codes, so that you can register on time.
NOTE: The Computer Center is closed during national holidays and university vacations. Purely technical support is also available at: 08-6477171, from the Technical Support Team.
1. Students who have completed their course requirements, or are not attending lectures and are only doing their research, must register via computer.
2. Ph.D. students: Student must sign up for “Research”--course no.10.3.0051.
3. Every new Ph.D. student who has a teaching assistant position at the University must also attend the one-year course “Preparation for graduate teaching assistantship”, course no. 900.5.9001, which gives no academic credit.
4. Every student has to learn 6-10 credits in coordination with his adviser (courses must be from advance studies) Students who have been requested to take supplementary courses (courses that you will not receive credits) have to take an additional 6-10 credits in coordination with his adviser.
5. A student wishing to take a course at another institution must register for “Research” and the code will be 10.3.0051.
6. In addition, a detailed request must be submitted, justifying the reasons for studying at another institution (including the full details of the other institution and the course’s name and number), and this must be signed by the student’s Thesis Supervisor (Mentor)
7. Every student should register once during their studies for the Seminar they have to give on their PhD thesis. The Seminar should take place in the final year and includes the final results of the research. The no. of the course is 10.3.0061
8. A student who has submitted his/her thesis to the Kreitman School for approval is not required to register online.
9. A doctoral student wishing to take a bachelors-level course must first get the consent of the department giving that course. Bachelors-level courses will not acknowledge academic credits.
10. The course "scientific writing in English", is mandatory for all PhD students who began their studies from October 2012 . The course will not be acknowledge for academic credits .
11. A doctoral student wishing to take a course from another department must first turn to that department and request that the course be appropriately marked (for population 3, his/her home department), and only then can it be registered online.
12. Students wishing to take courses given by Ph.D students (including courses for Masters studies), will not acknowledge academic credits.
13. After completing registration, you must print out copies of the course-registration and the temporary confirmation documents, which prove registration. If you wish to have these forms certified/stamped, this can be done at the Kreitman School office. (NOTE: The course-registration form should be printed out width-wise.) Such stamped forms are sufficient for receiving student services.
14. Students are personally responsible for online registration. Students who do not register on time there studies will be discontinued. Students requesting late registration, after the “period of changes”, may do so only via the Secretary of the Kreitman School and will pay a “late fine” of 250 NIS (unless just cause can be proven, e.g. I.D.F. reserve duty or certified illness).
15. Changes in the academic studies program can be made during the
16. “period of changes”.
17. Late registration and changes via Internet can be done between
8.3.2015 – 22.3.2015 from 14:00-23:59.
1. A student requesting a leave of absence from studies can turn to the Secretary of the Kreitman School for the proper form, not later than 2 weeks after the start of the semester.
2. A student who has completed 4 years of study, but has not yet submitted the thesis for approval, must submit an explicit request for the extension of the submission date, with the Thesis Supervisor’s (Mentor’s) approval and that of the Head of the Departmental Graduate Studies Committee.
3. Those with outstanding Hebrew or English language requirements are asked to complete those requisite studies as soon as possible.
4. The rules and regulations of the Kreitman School and other general information can be found in the Kreitman School website at: www.bgu.ac.il/kreitman_school. Note: The Kreitman School website also includes an academic bulletin-board, containing general announcements and updates; it is advisable to check it out regularly in order to stay up-to-date and informed.
Best wishes for successful studies.