Congratulations on completing your studies and earning your Ph.D.
To participate in the Ceremony, please arrive at the Oren Conference Hall in the Kreitman Building (bldg. 26) at 5:30 p.m. on that day, to be fitted with a cap and gown.
The ceremony will begin with a procession to Cummings Plaza, where you will be asked to take your assigned seat. During the ceremony, you will be called up to the stage to receive your Ph.D. diploma from the Rector, the Dean of the Kreitman School, and the Dean of your Faculty. The ceremony will conclude with the singing of the Israeli national anthem.
A digital invitation to the ceremony will follow. Printed invitations and detailed instructions will be mailed to you approximately three weeks prior to the ceremony.
I wish you success in all your future academic and personal endeavors.
Nina Perlis, Director
Department of Public Affairs
Instructions - PDF Version
1. Degree recipients will be fitted with a cap and gown in the fitting room prior to the ceremony.
2. The procession order, and the order in which graduates are called up to the stage will follow the list appearing in the event invitation.
3. During the ceremony, the moderator will call your name and invite you to the stage to receive your diploma from the Rector, the Dean of the Kreitman School, and the Dean of your Faculty. At this point, be sure to pause for a moment, so that the photographer can capture this important moment.
4. Please be attentive and keep track of the names as they are read out. When the name before yours is called, proceed to the stairs to the right of the stage and wait there. Once your name is called, ascend to the stage. After receiving your diploma, descend from the left side of the stage and return to your seat.
5. For graduates who will not be attending the ceremony: Diplomas of graduates who are not present at the ceremony may be given to family members. Please contact Michal Rokni at the Kreitman School (email@example.com) to arrange the pick up of your diploma at a later date.
6. The master of ceremonies will ask you all to rise when the Rector reads the Writ of Conferment.
7. After the ceremony, you are requested to return the gown to the fitting room.
8. As noted, the ceremony will be photographed by the University Photographer. A link to the event photo gallery will be sent to you shortly thereafter.
Congratulations again and thank you for your cooperation,