The Swiss Institute for Dryland Environmental and Energy Research (SIDEER) hereby announces the SIDEER PhD Scholarship for Environmental Excellence scholarships for new outstanding PhD students planning their studies at the SIDEER in one of the following fields:
Award: ca. NIS 99,500 (ca. $29,000) per year for four years.
18 portions (1 portion = NIS 462) of which 5-6 portions will be covered by the Albert Katz International School for Desert Studies (AKIS) and the advisor.
Scholarship terms and guidelines
1. Application form signed by the candidate and the prospective advisor.
2. Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications.
3. Academic transcripts of previous degrees.
4. A preliminary summary of the proposed research (<800 words).
5. Three letters of recommendation, one letter from the MSc advisor and two letters from PIs who are familiar with the candidate's academic work and skills. The letters should be sent directly to the SIDEER office.
6. Confirmations of acceptance to the Kreitman School of Advanced graduate Studies and a confirmation of application for the Negev fellowship.
7. Applications should be submitted by the prospective SIDEER advisors to the SIDEER office.
- Deadline: rolling (no deadline)
- SIDEER reserves the right not to award any scholarships if no eligible applicants are identified.
For further information please consult the SIDEER office.