1. Biosynthesis, role, and biotechnology for LC-PUFA in microalgae.
2. Genetic transformation and metabolic engineering of the model and non-model microalgae to improve biotechnology-
relevant traits, elucidation of LC-PUFA and TAG metabolism mechanisms.
3. Establishing a high-confidence lipid droplet proteome of the diatom Phaeodactylum tricornutum and functional analysis of
LD-associated proteins by CRISPR-CAS9 and overexpression analysis
4. Crosstalk between autophagy and lipid metabolism in microalgae
5. Application of microalgae to modulate stress and disease-resistance in fish.