Dear international students, research fellows and staff,

Be update with Israel Ministry of Health concerning COVID-19 regulations

Here at the BGU International, we are happy to provide all the necessary assistance and know-how to help you obtain the relevant visa. Please understand that it is your sole respo​nsibility to make sure the visa is valid throughout your stay at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.

The law in Israel requires that your visa reflects the purpose of your stay in Israel. Upon entering Israel, your passport needs to be valid for at least another six months past your issued visa expiration date.
Please note: foreigners who enter Israel with a tourist visa will not be allowed to change the type of their visa, and will be forced to leave Israel, return to their home country and re-enter with the proper visa.

As a first time applicant for visa:

In order to enter and stay in Israel, you must obtain an appropriate and up-to-date visa that is in correlation with the purpose of your stay. Please schedule a meeting at the closest Israel representation and bring the following documents in order to stamp your passport with the relevant visa (the Israeli representation at your cou​ntry may request for more/other documents as well):

- Please contact the visa coordinator at BGU in order to get an assistance with your visa application.
- Obtain a health insurance (also possible through the Office of International Academic Affairs).This is a mandatory request.
- Obtain an acceptance and invitation letter from BGU.
- Download an application form for a visa from their web-site.
- Your valid passport
- Bring a passport photo
- Proof of your sustainability

After having obtained the visa:​
Send a scanned copy of your health insurance policy, acceptance letter, invitation letter and visa to BGU's Visa Coordinator at the Office of International Academic Affairs.

When you arrive at BGU, please bring a copy of your entrance permit, received at the passport control, ​to the visa coordinator. Please note that all foreign citizens must carry a valid copy of visa and passport at all times.

Visa Extension:
In order to extend your visa in Israel, you must submit all the relevant documents to the visa coordinator at BGU. For more information about required documents, please find the relevant visa categories for you from the list elaborated below.

Please take under account that the visa application process takes time. Be sure to apply for your visa extension one month before it expires.

International student/researcher: If you have a permanent resident permit, in order to ensure that you receive all your rights, please submit this permit to Ms. Zohar Keren, Student Accounts Division, email:
Visa​ Categories:​​​
A-2 Extension (Student or Post-Doctoral Student and serves also B1 children's)
A-4 Extension (Authorization for couples and their children, A-2 visa holders)
B-1 (Authorization to work temporarily)
B-1 for spouses of International Ph.D. students and​ Post-Docs (ONLY)​​​
B-2 (Tourists and Accompanying family members such as spouses of B-1 visa holders)
Multiple Entries Visa​​