Granted only to children, spouse of students (A-2 visa holders).

For children's visa- the child's birth certification must be presented.
For spouse's visa- the Certificate of Marriage must be presented.

Only original documents can be presented (or faithful to the original) together with one photocopy of the original.

Holders of A-4 Visa are NOT allowed to work in Israel!


How to Extend an A-​4 Visa

As of August 1, 2017, students and/or researchers who need to extend their visa associated with BGU, will be kindly requested to do so by themselves. The following are the stages of the process:

  1. Complete the forms of the Ministry of Interior and BGU's internal form (link)
  2. Validation of forms at BGU International
  3. Set an appointment with the Ministry of Interior  (website) (For English version, click on the globe on top left corner) 
  4. Go to the Office of the Ministry of the Interior to extend your visa according to your appointment.
  5. Supply a copy of the visa to the Department of International Academic Affairs


A written attestation from your relative's inviting academic staff member , attesting the exact length of your stay. Internal form to be filled-in in by your relative's inviting academic staff member.)

  1. Fill in the external official form for your visa.
  2.  A copy of your spouse's A-2 visa.
  3. A copy of your Certificate of Marriage.
  4. A recent photograph (passport size).
  5. A health insurance policy valid up to the end of the requested period. 
  6. 185​ NIS. Note: fees may change without notice.
  7. A valid passport.
  8. For children traveling with you, please also provide with a birth certificate.


Internal form to be filled-in by your academic tutor/host​
External form to be filled-in by the guest​