The disciplines studied in this department enable a deeper understanding of the processes operating on and beneath the surface of the Earth. Study and research facilities in earth dynamics, geochemistry, micropaleontology, engineering geology, and field measurements are cutting edge.
- Full Tuition and Cost of Living Scholarships are available for excellent students.
- Opportunities for student employment in research laboratories during the course of studies
- Opportunities for graduate students and staff to participate in field excursions abroad, usually to neighboring countries, are offered every few years
- Outstanding students may join the combined M.Sc.-Ph.D. track during the 2nd year of the M.Sc. studies. Students in this track join the Ph.D. program without submitting M.Sc. thesis. They will submit a single thesis, and will be awarded both
- M.Sc. candidates are given the opportunity to work under the supervision of top-flight scientists using advanced laboratory equipment.
Length of program: The M.Sc. degree requires two years of full-time study.
- B.Sc. degree (or equivalent) from a recognized academic institution.
- GRE is required when applying to the Department of Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics
- TOEFL is required when applying to the Department of Chemistry, Life Sciences, Geological and Environmental Sciences (for students who completed their B.Sc. at an institution where the language of instruction is NOT English).