ERASMUS+ What is it?

​​Travel to one of the partners universities

After BGU has signed an Erasmus+ agreement with an European University, BGU staff members (administrative, tecnical and academic staff) may travel to that University for training or teaching.
(An Erasmus+ Agreement with a European University is being signed only after the EU approval of the Erasmus+ Application done by the European University).

Travels may be for 2 different purposes:

  • - Training (for professional improvement)
  • - Teaching (the invited person has to teach minimum 8 frontal hours).
    A teaching activity may be combined with a training activity during a single period abroad - the minimum number of hours of teaching per week is then reduced to 4 hours.

The hosting program for a Teaching Erasmus+ Mobility must be of minimum 8 frontal teaching hours (this may be at seminars, part of an ongoing course, at graduate student special meeting, extracurriculum special guest lecture, a special professional presentation for staff members…etc)

Erasmus+ program funds are for the cover of travel expenses, living expenses as defined by the European Union. A fixed amount is allocated per mobility, and may vary in each country and University.

Each European University allocates a different number of "Spots" for teaching/training mobility to and from BGU. (See list of spots for BGU staff members)

One week: 5 working ​days +2 days travel.
The mobility should be planned to benefit ​all parties involved from both institutions (host and visitor).
The Process:
  1. Check the list below to see the open opportunities for mobility in our partner Universities
  2. Get in touch with a colleague from the relevant University, and propose a cooperation
  3. Receive an approval from the host university and plan with him your mobility program.
  4. Agree on dates for your mobility and receive an approval from the host university
  5. Fill-out the BGU Internal on-line Form 

    ​ Apply-Now.gif​​

  6. Obtain a recommendation letter from your superiors, and have them sign your application
  7. Upload to the on-line system with all the above information​ and add your short CV (in English).
    Applications must be COMPLETED  at least 4 weeks before planned mobility, and not less that 7 working days before committee discussion meeting.
  8. ​An internal BGU committee evaluates all applications and will inform you about its decision

    Applications must be COMPLETED  at least 4 weeks before planned mobility, and not less that 1 week (7 working days) before committee discussion meeting.

  9. Planned dates of Committee' meetings Deadline for staff to submit (ending all the on-line submission by..)
     Jan. 9, 2023  Jan. 1, 2023
     Feb. 6, 2023  Jan 29, 2023
     March 13, 2023
     March 1 , 2023
     April 17, 2023  April 2, 2023
     May 22, 2023
     May 16, 2023​
     June 19, 2023  June 13, 2023
     July 17, 2023  July 11, 2023​
     August 21, 2023
     August 15, 2023
     September 18, 2023  September​ 11, 2023
     October 23, 2023  October 17, 2023​

  10. ​If you have been approved, follow the instructions you received in the approval letter
  11. If you have been rejected, you may try to apply to another university.​

Email for questions or help needed.