X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Spectrometer Axios
The Axios is sequential spectrometer with a single goniometer-based measuring channel, covering the complete measuring range.
Super Sharp X-ray Tube (SST) with Rhodium anode operated at up to 60 kV and up to 50 mA at a maximum power level of 1 kW. The window of the anode tube is made of thin beryllium (75mm). Analyzing crystals:
1. LiF200 crystal, used in the elemental range K-U
2. LiF220 crystal, used for the elemental range V-U. Its reflectivity is
approximately 40% of the LiF200 crystal, but it has a greater dispersion
than the LiF200
3. PE(002) crystal, used in the elemental range Al-Cl
4. Ge (111) crystal, used for P, S and Cl analysis. It has a higher
dispersion than PE(002) and eliminate second order interferences
5. PX1 synthetic multilayer monochromator, used for the element range
6. PX7 synthetic multilayer monochromator, optimized for Boron analysis
1. Flow detector. It used to measure the longer wavelengths typically the
K lines of Be to Ni and the L lines of Hf to Ba.
2. Scintillation detector. It used for the shorter wavelengths such as
the K lines of Ni to Ba and the L lines of Hf to U.
Axios may be used under a vacuum path or a gas path of helium. The gas
path system is used for liquid or loose powder.
Requirements for the analyze samples
• solid samples with a diameter 40-50mm with perfect smooth surface
• materials that can be prepared in powder form and effectively
• relatively large samples, typically > 1 gram , desirable 5-10 grams ,
liquids > 10 ml