Differential scanning calorimeter DSC823e by Mettler-Toledo
Differential scanning calorimetry is a measurement technique which can provide answers to
many questions. It is used in the plastics and adhesive industries, in safety technology, as
well as in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries. Also provides valuable results in the
electronics, automotive, aircraft and food industries.
• High sensitivity – for weak transitions
• Outstanding resolution – separation of closely lying effects
• Automation – high sample throughput and efficiency
• Large measurements range – for large and small effects
• Small and large sample volumes – for small samples and inhomogeneous materials
• Modular design – allows future expansion to meet new needs
• Wide temperature range – from -150 to 700 °C in one run
Thanks to the modular construction, the DSC823e is suitable for manual or automatic operation,
from quality assurance and production through to research and development.
DSC is the method of choice to determine thermal quantities, study thermal processes, and characterize or just simply compare materials. Sample preparation is easy and requires only small amounts of material. The technique is ideal for quality control, material development and material research.
DSC can be used to analyze and study polymers such as thermoplastics, thermosets, elastomers and adhesives, foodstuffs, pharmaceuticals and chemicals in general.
The method yields valuable information relating to processing and application conditions, quality defects, identification, stability, reactivity, chemical safety and the purity of materials.