Planning for our conference, the 23rd Sede Boqer Symposium on Solar Electricity Production is proceeding. The new dates are the first week of September, Monday September 5 – Wednesday September 7, 2022.
The symposium is organized by the Ben-Gurion National Solar Energy Center, of the Jacob Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research, on Ben-Gurion University's Sede Boqer campus and will be an international, in-person conference. It has been our experience that the opportunity to meet scientists of international caliber and one another under the relaxed and open skies of Sede Boqer has been an incalculable contribution to the advancement of scientific ideas and collaborations.
The tentative program will be available very soon, and is a very rich synthesis of subjects, all connected to the various approaches to producing electricity from the sun.
The following subjects are covered: novel photovoltaic materials and devices, photoelectrochemical conversion and solar fuels, solar energy conversion systems, optics of solar systems, models of systems and components, concentrated solar energy, measurements and characterization, agro-photovoltaics, solar thermal systems, etc.
Abstract submission had been open until June 1, 2022. Late submissions may be considered for poster presentations.
We are pleased to announce that the following leaders in their respective fields have agreed to be our Keynote Speakers:
Prof. Christoph Brabec, University of Erlangen, Germany
“Accelerating Lifetime Engineering of Emerging-PV Technologies"
Prof. Yuri Gogotsi, Drexel University, Pennsylvania, USA
“MXenes – Synthesis, Optoelectronic Properties and Solar Energy Applications"
Prof. Uri Banin, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
“Semiconductor nanocrystals for photocatalytic applications"
read about the keynote speakers »
The list of Invited Speakers includes:
• David Amidan (NRCN)
- • Jens Andreasen (Danish Technical University)
- • Doron Azulay (Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
- • Mohammed Bashouti (Ben-Gurion University of the Negev)
- • Christiane Becker (Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin)
- • Francesca Brunetti (University of Rome Tor Vergata)
- • Francesco Buonocore (ENEA, Rome)
- • Eran Edri (Ben-Gurion University of the Negev)
- • Gitti Frey (The Technion)
- • Alessio Gagliardi (Technical University of Munich)
- • Jeffrey Gordon ((Ben-Gurion University of the Negev)
- • Daniel Grave (Ben-Gurion University of the Negev)
- • Roei Grimberg (Ben-Gurion University of the Negev)
- • Ziv Hameiri (University of South Wales)
- • Mark Khenkin (Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin)
- • Abraham Kribus (Tel Aviv University)
- • Leeor Kronik (Weizmann Institute of Science)
- • Nimrod Levy (ICL)
- • Alon Lidor (ETH Zurich)
- • Monica Lira-Cantu (Catalonian Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology)
- • Avi Niv (Ben-Gurion University of the Negev)
- • Dan Oron (Weizmann Institute of Science)
- • Andrea Reale (University of Rome Tor Vergata)
- • Avner Rothschild (The Technion)
- • Carmel Rotschild (The Technion)
- • Gideon Segev (Tel Aviv University)
- • Nir Tessler (The Technion)
- • Pavel Troshin (Institute of Problems of Chemical Physics RAS)
- • Yana Vaynzof (Technical University of Dresden)
- • Iris Visoly-Fisher (Ben-Gurion University of the Negev)
- • Gennady Ziskind (Ben-Gurion University of the Negev)
Registration and payment are through Ben-Gurion University's secured payment site. There are two separate sites: one for OVERSEAS PARTICIPANTS, in US$ and one for Israelis, in NIS. Registration fees, further instructions and a link to the payment sites are found to the right (or on the bottom via mobile).
There is an Early Bird discount (registration by July 20). The registration fee includes meals and refreshments (including outdoor astronomy on the first evening), printed materials, and transportation to and from Beer Sheva on the three conference days.
Housing has been reserved on our campus and is in limited quantity. Therefore, if you wish to reserve a room, please write directly to the conference administration BEFORE paying for this option. Indicate whether you are willing to share a room. Priority in room reservations will be for overseas guests.
On behalf of the Organizing Committee,
Professor Eugene A. Katz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Conference Administration: Ms. Shoshana Dann