Scientific Publications 2015-2020
1. Joshi S.S, Gruntman M.PI, Bilton M.C, Seifan M.C, K. TielborgerC. (2015). A comprehensive test of evolutionarily increased competitive ability in a highly invasive plant species. Annals of Botany. 114: 1761-1768
2. Seifan T.C, M. SeifanPI. (2015). Symmetry and range limits in importance indices. Ecology & Evolution doi: 10.1002/ece3.1649
3. Rysavy A.S, Seifan M.PI*, Sternberg MC, K. TielborgerC. (2016). Neighbour effects on shrub seedling establishment override climate change impacts. Journal of Vegetation Science 27:227-
237. *corresponding author although in 2nd place
4. Shelef O.S, P. PongracC, P. PeliconC, P. VavpeticC, M. KelemenC, M. SeifanC, B. RewaldC,
S. RachmilevitchPI. (2016). Insights into root structure and function of Bassia indica: water redistribution and element dispersion. Functional Plant Biology 43:620-631
5. Seifan, M.C, Zohar, Y.S, Y. WernerPI. (2016). Reptile distribution may identify terrestrial islands for conservation: the Levant’s ‘Arava Valley as a model. Journal of Natural History 50:2783-2801.
6. Qu H.C.C, Seifan T.C, M. SeifanPI. (2017) Effects of plant and pollinator traits on the maintenance of a food deceptive species within a plant community. Oikos 126:1815-1826.
7. Can’ani A.PD, M. SeifanC, V. TzinPI. (2018) Indole is an essential molecule for plant interactions with herbivores and pollinators. Journal of Plant Biology and Crop Research 1:1003
8. Schindler B.YS., L. BlausteinPI, Lotan, R.C, Shalom, H. C, Kadas G.J. C, M. Seifan PI. (2018) Green roof and photovoltaic panel integration: effects on Plant and arthropod diversity and electricity production. Journal of Environmental Management 225: 288-299
9. Salman I.N.A.S, B. SchindlerS, H. AgraS, O. BawabS, A. Friedman-HeinmanS, G.J. KadasC.
M. SeifanC, L. BlausteinPI. (2018). Green roof research towards enhancing urban biodiversity, storm-water retention and air pollution abatement. CAB Reviews 13 (039): 1-14
10. Tzuk, OS. S. R. UjjwalPD, C. Fernandez-OtoPD, M. SeifanC, E. Meron PI. (2019). Interplay between exogenous and endogenous factors in seasonal vegetation oscillations. Scientific Reports 9:354 DOI:10.1038/s41598-018-36898-9
11. Schindler B.YS., L. BlausteinPI, A. Vasl S, G.J. Kadas C, M. Seifan PI. (2019). Cooling effect of Sedum sediforme and annual plants on green roofs in Mediterranean climate. Urban Forestry and Urban Greening 38: 392-396.
12. Schindler B.YS., L. BlausteinPI, Vasl A. S, Gurevich D. C, Kadas G.J. C, M. Seifan PI. (2019). Fine-scale substrate heterogeneity does not affect arthropod communities on green roofs. PeerJ 7: e6445F doi.org/10.7717/peerj.6445
13. Levine, NS., Ben-Zvi, GS., M. Seifan PI, I. Giladi PI. (2019). Investment in reward by ant- dispersed plants pay off even outside their distribution hotspots. AOB plants 11:plz027.
14. Zakharova, L.S, K.M. MeyerPI, M. SeifanPI. (2019). Trait-based modelling in ecology: A review of two decades of research. Ecological modelling 407: 108703 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2019.05.008
15. Mammola S.C, S. AharonS, M. Seifanc, Y. LubinPI, E. Gavish-RegevPI. (2019). Local and regional drivers of the distribution of Artema spiders based on surface and subterranean data. Diversity 11:119
16. Tzuk, OS. S. R. UjjwalPD, C. Fernandez-OtoPD, M. SeifanC, E. Meron PI. (2019). Period doubling as an indicator for ecosystem sensitivity to climate extremes. Scientific Reports 9: 19577 doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-56080-z
17. Mohiley, A.S, K. TielbörgerPI, M. SeifanPI, M. GruntmanPI. (2020). The role of biotic interactions in determining metal hyperaccumulation in plants. Functional Ecology 34:658-668.
18. Ben-ZviS, M. Seifan PI, I. Giladi PI. (2020). Reduced seed dispersal at the range margin: a matter of disperser identity. Ecology & Evolution 10: 4665-4676
19. Balyeshina, Z.S.S, A. Can’aniPD, T. RozenbergT, M. SeifanC, V. TzinPI. (2020) Wheat phenology and spatial position in the field determine aphid abundance. PeerJ 8:e9142
20. Gibson-Forty, E.V.JS., K. Tielbörger C, M. Seifan PI. (2020) Equivocal evidence for a change in balance between selfing and pollinator-mediated reproduction in annual Brassicaceae growing along a steep rainfall gradient. Journal of Systematics and Evolution DOI: 10.1111/jse.12637
21. Lucero, J.E.PD, M. SeifanC, R.M. CallawayC, C.J. LortiePI. (2020) Positive associations with native shrubs are intense and important for an exotic invader but not the native annual community across an aridity gradient. Diversity and Distribution DOI: 10.1111/ddi.13111
22. Zakharova, L.S, K.M. MeyerPI, M. SeifanPI. (2020) Combining trait- and individual-based modeling to understand desert plant community dynamics. Ecological Modeling 434:109260.