The software is provided free of charge for the students and the staff members of the university, and requires opening a personal user account.
If you already have an account on the old version of RefWorks and you wish to transfer it to the newer version, open a new user account with the New RefWorks and transfer all your stored information from the old version to the new.
- When creating your RefWorks account, use your BGU email address.
- New RefWorks does not support documents whose editing began in the previous version. Therefore, it is advised to transfer your information after concluding the editing of one document, but before beginning to edit another.
Instruction for transferring information from the older version to the new:
1. Once you've opened an account in the new version, click on the Add button (+) in the top left corner, and choose the "Import References" option from the dropbox.
2. Under the title "Import from another reference manager," choose the option of RefWorks.
3. If you haven't signed in yet, you'll be prompted to do so now.
4. The transfer will commence after signing in, and will continue for a few minutes. If a certain entry has failed to transfer, you will be notified.
The previous version of RefWorks (called Legacy RefWorks from now on) will be available for use at least until December 2018. During this period, both versions will work simultaneously.