To apply for the "African Sustainable Communities" master's program, please read the information on this page thoroughly and fill out the online application:
English registration system (for international students)
Hebrew registration system (for Israeli students)
*On the first screen, select "Fall Semester 2023".
**On the “Registration preferences” tab:
Select "Ben-Gurion University Of The Negev" under the "Institution" field.
Select "M.A/M.Sc" under the "Degree" field.
Select "The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences" under the "Faculty" field.
Select "African Studies" under the "Department" field.
Select "African Studies African Studies" under the "Tracks" field.
Our dedicated admissions team at Ben-Gurion University is here to help guide you through every stage of the process. If you need assistance, just email email@example.com or contact the program directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a grade point average equivalent of 80/100 and above.
Academic Year 2022/2023
Enrollment opening date: January 23, 2022.
Appplication deadline for international applicants asking for a scholarship: April 16, 2022.
Beginning of the semester: October 23, 2022.
1. Applying to the program via the registration system and paying initial registration fee of 25$ (Israeli candidates must pay the full registration fee at this stage).
2. Submitting mandatory application documents (as listed below), including filling out the internal application form.
3. Application is processed.
4. Personal interview via Zoom.
5. Announcement of acceptance/rejection.
6. If accepted – you will be asked to pay an additional 75$ completion of registration fee.
7. Arranging for a student visa and health insurance.
All documents should be uploaded to the registration system, apart from the recommendation letters.
1. An official copy of your diploma.
2. An official copy of your academic transcripts.
If your documents are not in English, please also include an English translation that is either certified by the university or by a notary.
3. A photocopy of the first page of your passport.
4. Curriculum Vitae (CV).
5. Two essays in accordance with the instructions here: Essay 1, Essay 2.
6. Two letters of recommendation, at least one written by an academician familiar with the applicant's academic work and skills – to be sent by the reference directly to our email: email@example.com
7. In addition, please fill out the short internal application form.
*Please note: upon arrival in Israel, hard copies of your official academic transcripts and diploma must be presented.