Refereed articles in scientific journals
123. Bar A, Ruvinov E, Cohen S. (2018) Live imaging flow bioreactor for the simulation of articular cartilage regeneration after treatment with bioactive hydrogel. Biotechnology and Bioengineering.
122. Landry NM, Cohen S, Dixon IMC. (2018) Periostin in cardiovascular disease and development: A tale of two distinct roles (Review) Basic Research in Cardiology. 113: 1.
121. Korin E, Bejerano T, Cohen S. (2017) GalNAc bio-functionalization of nanoparticles assembled by electrostatic interactions improves siRNA targeting to liver. Journal of Controlled Release, 266, 310 -20
120. Korin E, Froumin N, Cohen S. (2017) Surface Analysis of Nanocomplexes by X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS). ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering. 3 (6), 882-889.
119. Goldshtein M, Forti E, Ruvinov E, Cohen S. (2016) Mechanisms of cellular uptake and endosomal escape of calcium-siRNA nanocomplexes. Int. J. of Pharmaceutics, 515(1-2):46-56.
118. Or S, Strominger I, Ermenko E, Vinogradov E, Ruvinov E, Monsonego A, Cohen S. (2016) TGF-b affinity-bound to alginate scaffold generates local and peripheral immunotolerant responses and improves allocell transplantation. Acta Biomaterialia, 45:196-209.
117. Forti E, Kryukov O, Felder S, Elovic E, Goldstein M, Korin E, Margolis G, Ruvinov E, Cohen S. (2016) A bridge to silencing: Co-assembling anionic nanoparticles of siRNA and hyaluronan sulfate via calcium bridges. Journal of Controlled Release, 238, 215-217.
116. Rotenberg MY, Gabay H, Etzion Y, Cohen S. (2016) Feasibility of Leadless Cardiac Pacing Using Injectable Magnetic Microparticles. Scientific Reports. 6, art 24635.
115. Follin B, Juhl M, Cohen S, Perdersen AE, Kastrup J, Ekblond A (2016) Increased paracrine immunomodulatory potential of mesenchymal stromal cells in 3D culture. Tissue Engineering B. 22 (4): 322-329.
114. Ruvinov E, Freeman I, Fredo R, Cohen S. (2016) Spontaneous co-assembly of biologically active nanoparticles via affinity binding of heparin-binding proteins to alginate-sulfate. Nano Letters, 16(2):883-8
113. Sapir-Lekhovitser Y, Rotenberg MY, Jopp J, Friedman G, Polyak B, Cohen S. (2016) Magnetically actuated tissue engineered scaffold: insights into mechanism of physical stimulation, Nanoscale, 8(6):3386-99
112. Ruvinov E, Cohen S. (2016) Alginate biomaterial for the treatment of myocardial infarction: progress, translational strategies, and clinical outlook (Review). Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, 96, 54-76.
111. Grulova I, Slovinska L, Blaško J, Devaux S, Wisztorski M, Salzet M, Fournier I, Kryukov O, Cohen S, Cizkova D. (2015) Delivery of Alginate Scaffold Releasing Two Trophic Factors for Spinal Cord Injury Repair. Scientific Reports, art 13702
110. Follin B, Juhl M, Cohen S, Pedersen A, Gad M, Kastrup J, Ekblond A. (2015) Human adipose tissue derived stromal cells in a clinically applicable injectable alginate hydrogel: Phenotypic and immunologic evaluation. Cyotherapy. 17(8):1104-18
109. Ruvinov E, Kryukov O, Forti F, Korin E, Goldstein M, Cohen S. (2015) Calcium-siRNA nanocomplexes: what reversibility is all about. Journal of Controlled Release, 203, 150-160.
108. Bondalapati S, Ruvinov E, Kryukov O, Cohen* S, Brik* A (2014) (*corresponding authors) Rapid end group modification of polysaccharides for biomaterial applications in regenerative medicine. Macromolecular Rapid Communication, doi: 10.1002/marc.201400354
107. Kryukov O, Ruvinov E, Cohen S. (2014) 3D Perfusion cultivation of human cardiac-derived progenitors facilitates their expansion, maintains progenitor state and promote differentiation to cardiovascular lineages. Tissue Engineering Part C. 20 (11), 886-896
106. Bar-Shir A, Avram L, Anaby D, Cohen S, Segev-Amzaleg N, Frenkel D, Sadan O, Offen D, Cohen Y. (2014) SPIO-alginate nanoparticles: A new platform for noninvasive calcium MR imaging. NMR in Biomedicine, 27 (7) 774-783
105. Shteyer E*, Ben Ya'acov A, Zolotaryova L, Sinai A, Lichtenstein Y, Papoo O, Kryukov O, Elkayam T, Cohen S*, Ilan Y. (2014) Reduced liver cell death using a bandage of alginate scaffold: A novel approach for liver reconstruction after extended partial hepatectomy * corresponding authors; Acta Biomaterialia, 10 (7), 3209-3216
104. Zieber L, Or S, Ruvinov E, Cohen S. (2014) Microfabrication of channel arrays promotes vessel-like network formation in cardiac cell construct and its vascularization in vivo. Biofabrication 6 (2014) 024102
103. Sapir Y, Polyak B, Cohen S. (2014) Cardiac tissue engineering in magnetically actuated scaffolds. Nanotechnology, 25 (2014) 014009
102. Ben-Mordechai T, Holbova R, Landa-Rouben N, Harel-Adar T, Feinberg MS, Elrahman IA, Blum G, Epstein F, Silman Z, Cohen S, Leor J. (2013) Macrophage Subpopulations are Essential for Infarct Repair with and without Stem Cell Therapy. J of the American College of Cardiology (JACC), 62(20), 1890-1901
101. Ruvinov B, Cohen S. (2013) Engineering Biomaterials for Myocardial Regeneration and Repair. Israel Journal of Chemistry, 53, 695 – 709.
100. Cizkova D, Slovinska L, Novotna I, Michel Salzet, Cikos S, Kryukov O, Cohen S. (2013) The influence of sustained dual factor presentation on the expansion and differentiation of neural progenitors in affinity-binding scaffolds. Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, In Press
99. Shachar M, Benishti N, Cohen S. (2012) Mechanical stimulation induced by compression and medium perfusion improves cardiac tissue regeneration In Vitro. Biotechnology Progress, 28 (6) 1551-1559.
98. Sensenig R, Sapir Y, MacDonald C, Cohen S, Polyak P. (2012) Magnetic nanoparticle-based approaches to locally target therapy and enhance tissue regeneration in vivo. (Invited Review) Nanomedicine, 7 (9) 1-18.
97. Re'em T, Witte F, Ruvinov E, Cohen S (2012) Simultaneous regeneration of articular cartilage and subchondral bone induced by spatially-presented TGF-beta and BMP-4 in bilayered affinity binding system. Acta Biomaterialia, 8: 3283–3293.
96. Rotenberg MY, Ruvinov E, Armoza A, Cohen S (2012) A multi-shear perfusion bioreactor for investigating shear stress effects in 3D cell cultures. Lab Chip, 12 (15): 2696 – 2703
95. Bierwolf J, Lutgehetmann M, Deichmann S, Erbes J, Volz T, Dandri M, Cohen S, Nashan B, Pollok J-M (2012) Primary human hepatocytes from metabolic disordered children recreate highly differentiated liver tissue-like spheroids on alginate scaffolds. Tissue Engineering A 18 (13-14): 1443-1453.
94. Sapir Y, Cohen S*, Friedman G, Polyak B* (2012) Stimulation of endothelial cells in magnetically responsive alginate scaffolds promotes vessel-like pattern organization in vitro. * Corresponding Authors. Biomaterials 33: 4100-4109.
93. Re'em T, Kaminer-Israeli Y, Ruvinov E, Cohen S (2012) Chondrogenesis of hMSC in affinity-bound TGF-beta scaffolds. Biomaterials, 33: 751-761.
92. Kedem A, Hourvitz A, Fisch B, Shachar M, Cohen S, Ben-Haroush A, Dor J, Freud E, Felz C, Abir R (2011). Alginate scaffold for organ culture of cryopreserved-thawed human ovarian cortical follicles Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics, 28: 759-760 * Alginate sponge appears on the Cover
91. Ruvinov E, Harel-Adar T, Cohen S (2011) Bioengineering the infarcted heart by applying bio-inspired materials (Review). Journal of Cardiovascular Translational Research (JCTR)- A special issue on Bioengineering. 4 (5): 559-574.
90. Harel-Adar T, Ben Mordechai T, Amsalem Y, Leor J, Cohen S (2011) Immunomodulation of cardiac macrophages by phosphatidylserine-presenting liposomes improves infarct repair. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. (USA) 108(5):1827-32. *Nature Highlight “Fooling the heart into repair" vol. 469, page 446 (Jan 27, 2011) ** Rated by Faculty of 1000 as the top 2% of published articles in biology and medicine
89. Sapir Y, Kryukov O, Cohen S (2011) Integration of multiple cell-matrix interactions into inert alginate scaffolds for promoting cardiac tissue regeneration. Biomaterials 32(7):1838-1847
88. Ruvinov E, Leor J, Cohen S (2011) Sequential delivery of IGF-1 and HGF promotes myocardial repair after myocardial infarction. Biomaterials 32, 565-578.
87. Sarfati G, Dvir T, Elkabets M, Apte RN, Cohen S (2011) Targeting of polymeric nanoparticles to lung metastases by the surface-attachment of YIGSR peptide from laminin. Biomaterials 32, 152-161.
86. Shachar M, Tsur-Gang O, Dvir T, Leor J, Cohen S (2011) The effect of immobilized RGD Peptide in alginate scaffolds on cardiac tissue engineering. Acta Biomaterialia: 7, 152-162.
85. Witte F, Eliezer A, Cohen S (2010) The history, challenges and the future of biodegradable metal implants. Advanced Materials Research; 95, 3-7.
84. Barash Y, Dvir T, Tandeitnik P, Ruvinov E, Guterman H, Cohen S (2010) Electric field stimulation integrated into perfusion bioreactor for cardiac tissue engineering. Tissue Engineering, Part C, 16(6) 1417-1426.
83. Kaminer-Israeli Y, Shapiro J, Cohen S*, Monsonego A* (*Corresponding Authors) (2010) Stromal cell-induced immune regulation in a transplantable Lymphoid-Like cell construct. Biomaterials: 31 (35), 9273-9284.
82. Levy O, Ruvinov E, Re'em T, Granot Y, Cohen S (2010) Highly efficient osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells by eradication of STAT3 signaling. The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology 42: 1823–1830.
81. Re'em T, Tsur-Gang O, Cohen S (2010) The effect of immobilized RGD peptide in macroporous alginate scaffolds on TGFbeta1-induced chondrogenesis of human mesenchymal stem cells. Biomaterials, 31 (26): 6746-6755.
80. Ruvinov E, Leor J, Cohen S (2010) Controlled HGF delivery from an affinity-binding alginate biomaterial induces angiogenesis and improves perfusion in a hindlimb ischemia model. Biomaterials, 31 (16): 4573-4582
79. Brunner T, Cohen S, Monsonego A (2010) Silencing of pro-inflammatory genes targeted to peritoneal-residing macrophages using siRNA encapsulated in biodegradable microspheres. Biomaterials, 31(9): 2627–2636
78. Dvir T, Kedem A, Ruvinov E, Levy O, Freeman I, Landa N, Holbova R, Feinberg MS, Dror S, Etzion Y, Leor J, Cohen S (2009) Prevascularization of cardiac patch on the omentum improves its therapeutic outcome. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. (PNAS, USA), 106 (35): 14990-14995.
77. Leor J, Tuvia S, Guetta V, Manczur F, Castel D, Wilenetz U, Petnehaazy O, Landa N, Feinberg MS, Konen E, Goitein O, Tsur-Gang O, Zaksh M, Klapper L, Cohen S (2009) Intracoronary administration of alginate biomaterial prevents left ventricular remodeling after myocardial infarction in Swine. J of the American College of Cardiology (JACC), 54 (11): 1014-1023.
76. Amir G, Miller L, Shachar M, Feinberg MS, Holbova R, Cohen S* Leor J* (*Corresponding Authors) (2009) Evaluation of a peritoneal-generated cardiac patch in a rat model of heterotopic heart transplantation. Cell Transplantation, 18 (3):275-82
75. Shvartsman I*, Dvir T*, Harel-Adar T, Cohen S (2009) Perfusion seeding and cultivation induce the assembly of functional hepatocellular tissue-like construct. Tissue Engineering, 15 (4): 751-760. (Online April 2008) Feature Cover page
74. Freeman I, Cohen S (2009) The influence of sequential delivery of angiogenic factors from affinity binding alginate scaffolds on vascularization. Biomaterials 30, 2122–2131
73. Tsur-Gang O, Ruvinov E, Landa N, Holbova R, Feinberg MS, Leor J, Cohen S (2009) The effects of peptide-based modification of alginate on left ventricular remodeling and function after myocardial infarction. Biomaterials, 30(2):189-195.
72. Witte F, Hort N, Vogt C, Cohen S, Kainer KU, Feyerabend F (2008) Degradable biomaterials based on magnesium corrosion (review). Current Opinion in Solid State and Material Science, 12(5-6), 63-72.
71. Levy O, Dvir T, Tsur-Gang O, Shachar M, Granot Y, Cohen S (2008) Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3— A key molecular switch for human mesenchymal stem cell proliferation. The International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology, 40: 2606–2618.
70. Freeman I, Kedem A, Cohen S (2008) The effect of sulfation of alginate hydrogels on the specific binding and controlled release of heparin-binding proteins. Biomaterials, 29 (22), 3260-3268.
69. Ruvinov E, Dvir T, Leor J, Cohen S (2008) Myocardial repair: From salvage to tissue reconstruction. Expert Review in Cardiovascular Therapy; 6 (5): 669-686.
68. Dvir-Ginzberg M, Elkayam T, Cohen S (2008) Induced differentiation and maturation of newborn liver cells into functional hepatic tissue in macroporous alginate scaffolds. FASEB J. 22: 1440-1449.
67. Landa N, Miller L, Feinberg MS, Holbova R, Shachar M, Freeman I, Cohen S*, Leor J* (2008) Effect of injectable alginate implant on cardiac remodeling and function after recent and old infarct. Circulation; 117:1388-1396. *Corresponding Authors.
66. Lavi G, Voronov E, Dinarello CA, Apte RN, Cohen S (2007) Sustained delivery of IL-1Ra from biodegradable microspheres reduces the number of murine B16 melanoma lung metastases. J Control Rel. 123(2): 123-130.
65. Dvir T, Levy O, Shachar M, Granot Y, and Cohen S (2007) Pulsatile interstitial fluid flow activates ERK1/2 signaling cascade in neonatal myocyte 3-D culture, leading to adult cardiac muscle regeneration. Tissue Engineering; 13(9): 2185-2193.
64. Leor J, Gerecht-Nir S, Cohen S, Miller L, Zarin P, Holbova R, Ziskind A, Shachar M, Guetta E, Itskovitz-Eldor J(2007) Human embryonic stem cell transplantation to repair the infarcted myocardium. Heart, 93:1278–1284
63. Dvir-Ginzberg M, Konson A, Cohen S, and Agbaria R (2007) Encapsulation of PA317/STK producer cells in three dimensional alginate scaffolds for potential use in cancer gene therapy. J Biomed Mater Res; Part B. Applied Biomaterials, 80: 59-66.
62. Schwarzkopf R, Shachar M, Dvir T, Dayan Y, Holbova R, Leor J, Cohen S (2006) Effects of post MI serum on proliferation, viability and maturation of 3-D cardiac cell culture. Tissue Engineering; 12: 3467-3475.
61. Dvir T, Benishti N, Shachar M, Cohen S (2006) A novel perfusion bioreactor providing homogenous milieu for tissue regeneration. Tissue Engineering.12: 2843-2852.
60. Mahler A, Reches M, Rechter M, Cohen S, Gazit E (2006) Novel self-assembled and remarkably rigid hydrogel biomaterial composed of a modified aromatic dipeptide. Advanced Materials,18:1365:1370. Cover (inside picture).
59. Elkayam T, Shafrut-Amitay S, Dvir-Ginzberg M, Harel T and Cohen S (2006) Enhancing drug metabolism activity of C3A - a human hepatocyte cell line- by tissue engineering within alginate scaffolds. Tissue Engineering, 12 (5), 1357-1368.
58. Leor J, Landa N, Cohen S (2006) Renovation of the Injured Heart with Myocardial Tissue Engineering. Future Drugs: Expert Review in Cardiovascular Therapy. 4(2), 12-14.
57. Lavi G, Dinarello CA, Apte RN, Cohen S (2005) Sustained release of IL-1Ra from biodegradable microspheres prolongs its IL-1 neutralizing effects. Israel Journal of Chemistry (A special Issue, Domb A (ED)). 45 (4), 457-464.
56. Dvir T, Tsur-Gang O, Cohen S (2005) Designer scaffolds for tissue engineering and regeneration. Israel Journal of Chemistry (A special Issue, Domb A (ED)). 45 (4), 487-496.
55. Kedem A, Perets A, Gamlieli-Bonshtein I, Dvir-Ginzberg M, Mizrahi S, Cohen S (2005) VEGF-releasing scaffolds enhance vascularization and engraftment of transplanted hepatocytes. Tissue Engineering, 11 (5-6): 715-722.
54. Leor J, Amsalem Y, Cohen S (2005) Cells, scaffolds and molecules for myocardial tissue engineering (Review). Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 105, 151-163.
53. Cohen S, Leor J (2004) Rebuilding a broken heart (Review). Scientific American, (November Issue), 44-51
52. Dvir-Ginzberg M, Elkayam T, Aflalo ED, Agbaria R, Cohen S (2004). Ultrastructural and functional investigations of adult rat hepatocyte spheroids during in vitro cultivation; Tissue Engineering, 10 (11-12): pp. 1806-1817.
51. Gerecht-Nir S, Cohen S, Ziskind A, Itskovitz-Eldor J (2004) 3-D porous alginate scaffolds provide conducive environment for the generation of well vascularized embryoid bodies from human embryonic stem cells. Biotechnology & Bioengineering. 88:313-320.
50. Glicklis R, Merchuk JC, Cohen S (2004) Modeling mass transfer in hepatocyte spheroids via cell viability, spheroid size and hepatocellular functions. Biotechnology & Bioengineering, 86 (6): 672-680.
49. Gerecht-Nir S, Cohen S, Itskovitz-Eldor J (2004) Bioreactor cultivation enhances the efficiency of human embryoid bodies formation and differentiation. Biotechnology & Bioengineering, 86 (5): 493-502.
48. Leor J, Cohen S (2004). Myocardial tissue engineering: creating muscle patch for a wounded heart (Review). Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 1015: 312-319.
47. Bar D, Apte RN, Voronov E, Benharrosh D, Dinarello CA, Cohen S (2004) Continuous delivery of IL-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra) reduces angiogenesis and inhibits tumor development. FASEB J. 18: 161-163. Feature Cover Page
46. Gerecht-Nir S, Ziskind A, Cohen S, Itskovitz-Eldor J (2003) Human embryonic stem cells as an in vitro model for human vascular development and the induction of vascular differentiation. Laboratory Investigations, 83: 1811-1820.
45. Preciado JA, Cohen S, Skandakumaran P, Rubinsky B (2003) Utilization of directional freezing for the construction of tissue engineering scaffolds. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Heat Transfer Division; (Publication), 374 (4) 439-442.
44. Shachar M, Cohen S (2003) Cardiac tissue engineering, ex-vivo: Design principles in biomaterials and bioreactors (Review). Heart Failure Reviews 8: 217-276.
43. Perets A, Baruch Y, Weisbuch F, Shoshany G, Neufeld G, Cohen S (2003) Enhancing the vascularization of 3-D porous alginate scaffolds by incorporating controlled release bFGF microspheres. J. Biomed Mater. Res. 65A:489-497.
42. Dvir-Ginzberg M, Gamlieli-Bonshtein I, Agbaria R, Cohen S. (2003) Liver tissue engineering within alginate scaffolds: Effects of cell seeding density on hepatocyte viability, morphology and functions. Tissue Engineering 9: 757-766.
41. Mullerad J, Cohen S, Benharrosh D, Apte RN (2003) Local delivery of IL-1alpha polymeric microspheres for the immunotherapy of an experimental fibrosarcoma. Cancer Investigation 21: 711-719.
40. Dar A, Shachar M, Leor J, Cohen S (2002) Cardiac tissue engineering: Optimization of cardiac cell seeding and distribution in 3-D porous alginate scaffolds. Biotechnology & Bioengineering 80: 305-312.
39. Zmora S, Glicklis R, Cohen S (2002) Tailoring the pore architecture of 3-D alginate scaffolds by controlling the freezing regime during fabrication. Biomaterials 23, 4087-4094.
38. Bonshtain-Gamlieli I, Korin E, Cohen S (2002) Selective separation of cis-trans geometrical isomers of beta-carotene by supercritical fluid extraction (CO2). Biotechnology & Bioengineering 80: 169-174.
37. Bar D, Voronov E, Ben-Harroch D, Dinarello CA, Apte RN, Cohen S (2001) Inhibition of tumor growth by the continuous delivery of IL-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra) from microencapsulated genetically engineered cells. J Controlled Release 72 (1-3) 228-229.
36. Mullerad J, Cohen S, Voronov E, Apte RN (2000) Macrophage activation for the production of immunostimulatory cytokines by delivering IL-1 via biodegradable microspheres. Cytokine, 12:1683-1690.
35. Machluf M, Apte RN, Regev O, Cohen S (2000) Enhancing the immunogenicity of liposomal hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) by controlling its delivery from polymeric microspheres. J. Pharm. Sci., 89:1550-1557.
34. Glicklis R, Shapiro L, Agbaria R, Merchuk JC, Cohen S (2000) Hepatocyte behavior within three-dimensional porous alginate sponges. Biotechnology & Bioengineering, 67: 344-353.
33. Leor J, Aboulafia-Etzion S, Dar A, Shapiro L, Barbash I, Battler A, Granot Y, Cohen, S (2000) Bioengineered cardiac grafts: A new approach to repair the infarcted myocardium. Circulation, 102 (19); II-56-61
32. Shapiro L, Cohen S (1997) Novel alginate sponges for cell culture and transplantation. Biomaterials 18: 583-590.
31. Chen L, Apte RN, Cohen S (1997) Determinants of release rate of interleukin-1from biodegradable polyester microspheres. J Controlled Release 43: 261-272.
30. Cohen S, Lobel E, Trevgoda A, Peled Y (1997) A novel in-situ-forming ophthalmic drug delivery system from alginates undergoing gelation in the eye. J Controlled Release 44:201-208.
29. Machluf M, Regev O, Peled Y, Kost J, Cohen S (1996) Characterization of microencapsulated liposome systems for liposomal antigen delivery. J Controlled Release 43:35-45.
28. Moldavski N, Cohen S (1996) Determinants of liposome partitioning in aqueous two-phase systems-Evaluation by means of a factorial design. Biotechnology and Bioengineering 52: 529-537.
26. Cohen S, Chen L, Apte RN (1995) Controlled release of peptides from biodegradable microspheres- An approach for treating infectious diseases and malignancies. Reactive Polymers, 25:177-187.
25. Cohen S, Langer R (1995) Liposomes-based formulations for prolonged delivery of proteins and vaccines. J. Liposome Res. 5: 813-827.
24. Ikada J, Cohen S, Langer R (1995) In vitro evaluation of polymerized liposomes for oral drug delivery. Pharmaceutical Research, 12: 576-582.
23. Cohen S, Langer R (1994) Pulsatile release from microencapsulated liposomes. J. Liposome Res. 4: 349-360.
22. Cohen S, Alonso MJ, Langer R (1994) Novel approaches to controlled release antigen delivery. Intern J Tech Assessment in Health Care 10: 121-130.
21. Adrianov A, Cohen S, Langer R (1993) Controlled release using ionotropic poly-phosphazene hydrogels. J. Controlled Release 27:69-77.
20. Alonso MJ, Cohen S, Park TG, Gupta RK, Siber G, Langer R (1993), Determinants of release rate of tetanus vaccine from polyester microspheres. Pharmaceutical Research, 10:945-953.
19. Cohen S, Baño M, Cima L, Allcock HR, Vacanti J, Vacanti C, Langer R (1993) Design of Synthetic Polymers for Cell and Organ Transplantation. Clinical Materials, 13: 3-10.
18. Cohen S, Allcock H, Langer R (1992) Enzyme and cell immobilization in ionotropic synthetic hydrogels. Minutes -Rec. Adv. Pharm. &Indus. Biotech, 36-48.
17. Cohen S, Cochrane A, Nardin E, Langer R (1992) Poly (lactic/glycolic acid) microspheres-Immunization vehicles for synthetic peptide vaccines. Polymeric Materials Science and Engineering, 66: 91-93.
16. Park TG, Cohen S, Langer R (1992) Controlled Protein Release from PLA/Pluronic™ Blend Matrices by Polyethyleneimine Coating. Pharm. Res. 9: 37-39.
15. Park TG, Cohen S, Langer R (1992) Poly (L-lactic acid)/Pluronic™ Blends: Characterization of Phase Separation Behavior, Degradation, Morphology and as Protein Releasing Matrices. Macromolecules 25:116-122.
14. Cohen S, Bernstein H, Hewes C, Chow M, Langer R (1991). The pharmacokinetics of and humoral responses to antigen delivered by microencapsulated liposomes; Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) 88: 10440-44.
13. Cohen S, Yoshioka T, Lucarelli M, Hwang LH, Langer R (1991) Controlled delivery systems for proteins based on poly (lactic/glycolic acid) microspheres. Pharmaceutical Research, 8: 713-720.
12. Baño MC, Cohen S, Visscher K, Allcock HR, Langer R (1991) A Novel synthetic method for hybridoma cell encapsulation. Bio/Technology 9: 468-471.
11. Cohen S, Chow M, Langer R (1991) Liposome-gel compositions as immunization vehicles for vaccines, FASEB J, 5 (6); A1626.
10. Cohen S, Baño MC, Chow M, Langer R (1991) Alginate-lipid interactions can render changes in lipid bilayer permeability. Biochim Biophys Acta 1063: 95-102.
9. Cohen S, Baño MC, Chow M, Visscher K, Allcock HR, Langer R (1990). Ionically `cross-linkable polyphosphazene: a novel polymer for microencapsulation. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 112: 7832-7833.
8. Cohen S, Margalit R (1990) Binding of porphyrins to human serum albumin: Structure- activity relationship. Biochemical J, 270: 325-330.
7. Cohen S, Kibat PG, Chow M, Langer R (1989) Microencapsulated liposomes for pulsed release of biologically active materials. Polymer Preprint, 30:478-9
6. Rotenberg M, Cohen S, Margalit R (1987) Thermodynamics of porphyrin binding to serum albumin: Effects of temperature of porphyrin species and of Albumin - carried fatty acids. Photochemistry and Photobiology, 46: 689-693
5. Cohen S, Margalit R (1985) Physicochemical studies of processes involving photodynamic drugs on route to their targets: Self-aggregation and membrane binding of Zn-Hematoporphyrin. Arch Biochemistry Biophysics, 247: 57-61.
4. Margalit R, Cohen S (1985) Spectral and chemical evidence for the formation of Zinc-Porphyrin in aged, initially metal-free porphyrin-IX solutions. Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, 25: 187-195.
3. Cohen S, Margalit R (1985) Binding of hematoporphyrin derivative to membranes: Expression of porphyrin heterogeneity and effects of cholesterol-Studies in model systems (unilamellar liposomes).Biochemical Biophysical Acta, 813:307 –312.
2. Margalit R, Cohen S (1983) Studies of hematoporphyrin derivative equilibria in heterogeneous systems: Porphyrin-liposome binding and porphyrin aqueous dimerization. Biochemical Biophysical Acta, 736: 163-175.
1. Margalit R, Shaklai N, Cohen S (1983) Fluorimetric studies on the dimerization equilibrium of protoporphyrin IX and its haemato derivative. Biochemical Journal 209:547-52.