Scientific publications, 2012-2015:
Refereed articles in scientific journals:
1) Baram, S. Arnon, A., Ronen, Z., Kurtzman, D. and Dahan, O.(2012). "Infiltration mechanism controls nitrification and denitrification processes under dairy waste lagoon". Journal of Environmental Quality, 41(5):1623-32. doi: 10.2134/jeq2012.0015.
2) Arnon, S., Yanuka, K., and Nejidat, A. (2013). "Impact of overlying water velocity on ammonium uptake by benthic biofilms". Hydrological Processes, DOI: 10.1002/hyp.9239.
3) Fox, A.S, Boano, and Arnon, (2013). "Impact of losing and gaining stream flow conditions on hyporheic exchange fluxes induced by dune-shaped bedforms". Water Resources Research, 50, doi:10.1002/2013WR014668. (0 citations; IF: 3.149; Journal ranking; 3/80; Q1).
4) Freedman A., A. Gross A., O. Shelef, S. Rachmilevitch, and S. Arnon (2014). “Evaluating the use of subsurface horizontal constructed wetlands to enhance the quality of domestic wastewater in arid environment”. Ecological Engineering, 70: 282–286.
5) Yanuka-Golub K., S. Arnon, and A. Nejidat (2014). “Impact of streambed morphology on the abundance and activity of ammonia-oxidizing bacteria”. FEMS Microbiology Ecology 90: 175-183.
6) Futran. V. S, Tal A., Arnon S. (2015). “Why Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals (EDCs) challenge traditional risk assessment and how we can respond?” Journal of Hazardous Materials, 286: 589-611
7) Arnon S., Avni N. S., Gafny S. (2015). “Nutrient uptake and macroinvertebrate community structure in a highly regulated Mediterranean stream receiving treated wastewater”. Aquatic Sciences, 77(4): 623–637, DOI: 10.1007/s00027-015-0407-6.