The Dvora and Michael Goldhirsh Foundation at the Ben-Gurion Research Institute for the Study of Israel and Zionism is offering a NIS 4,000 research award for M.A. theses in Holocaust Studies
The award will be granted for M.A. theses in the Humanities
and Social Sciences that were submitted for review not earlier than January 2018.
Eligible theses must be related to one of the following research spheres:
• Central events and issues during the Holocaust;
• Reflections of the Holocaust in the socio-intellectual life of Israel and the Jewish diaspora;
• Holocaust memory and commemoration in Israel and around the world;
Submissions must include the following documents:
• Two hard copies of the M.A. thesis, as well as a PDF file, sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Approval of submission by the relevant university department
• Two letters of recommendation written by researchers\lecturers who advised the candidate
• Recommendations should be sent separately and directly to the committee administrator at the address below
The award and certifcates of appreciation will be granted in a ceremony marking Holocaust Remembrance Day at the Ben-Gurion Research Institute for the Study of Israel and Zionism, BGU Sede-Boqer Campus, with the attendance of the Goldhirsh family.
Theses must be submitted by Friday, January 31, 2020
to Ms. Hagar Swissa, Ben-Gurion Research Institute for the Study of Israel and Zionism, Sede-Boqer Campus, 8499000