The 'Sustainability and Environmental Policy Lab' focuses on the ecological sustainability of human activities, its interactions with the social, economic, and cultural dimensions of sustainability, and the implications for relevant policies. The research lab explores conditions, scenarios, and policies aimed at achieving sustainability at the local, national, and international scales. The lab aims to lead and support research and applied projects on the unsustainability of human activities and examine the potential contribution of policy to human sustainability.
Key research objectives of the lab include:
- To identify and highlight various direct and indirect human activities points of interactions
with ecological systems.
- To investigate, develop and implement indicators and assessment tools for sustainability, and
examine those tools on the ground.
- To examine existing policies and introduce innovative ones.
- To connect local and global scales of sustainability.
- To investigate the social implications of ecological sustainability.
- To support policy makers and the public with data on sustainability.
- To develop and examine scenarios for sustainability.