Scientific Publications 2012-2015
Refereed articles in scientific journals:
(1, corresponding author, # student under my supervision)
1) 1Gross, A., #O. Guy, #R. Posmanik, P. Fine and A. Nejidat. A. 2012. Novel method for the combined biowaste stabilization and production of nitrate-rich liquid fertilizer for use in organic horticulture. Water Air and Soil Pollution 223:1205-1214.
2) #Mirzoyan, R. C. McDonald and 1A. Gross. 2012. Comparison between UASB Reactor and Traditional Waste-stabilization Pond for Brackish Aquaculture Sludge Management. Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 43:238-248.
3) #Travis, M. J., N. Weisbrod, and 1A.Gross. 2012. Decentralized wetland-based treatment of oil-rich farm wastewater for reuse in an arid environment. Ecological Engineering 39: 81-89.
4) Shelef, O., A. Gross and S. Rachmilevitch. 2012. The use of Bassia indica for salt phytoremediation in constructed wetlands. Water research 46: 3967-3976.
5) Kfir, O., A. Tal, A. Gross and E. Adar. 2012. The Effect of Reservoir Operational Features on Recycled Wastewater Quality. Resources, Conservation & Recycling 68:76-87.
6) Alfiya, Y., A. Gross, M. Sklarz, and E. Friedler. 2013. Reliability of on-site greywater treatment systems in Mediterranean and arid environments – a case study. Water Science and Technology 67:1389-1395.
7) #Posmanik, R., A. Nejidat, B. Bar-Sinay, and 1A. Gross. 2013. Integrated biological treatment of fowl manure for nitrogen recovery. Journal of Environmental management 117: 172-179.
8) #Mirzoyan, N. and 1A. Gross. 2013. Use of UASB reactors for brackish aquaculture sludge digestion under different conditions. Water Research 47:2843-50.
9) #Sklarz, Y. M. M. Zhou, D. L. Ferrando, A. Yakirevich, O. Gillor, 1A. Gross, and I. M. Soares. 2013. Effects on soil of irrigation with domestic wastewater treated by recirculating vertical flow constructed wetland. Journal of Environmental Quality 42: 4: 1226-1235.
10) Shelef, O., A. Gross and S. Rachmilevitch. 2013. Role of Plants in a Constructed Wetland: Current and New Perspectives. Water 5:405-419 (invited article).
11) #Benami, M., A. 1Gross, M. Herzberg, E. Orlofsky and O. Gillor. 2013. Assessment of pathogenic bacteria in treated greywater and irrigated soils. Science of the Total Environment 458–460: 298-302.
12) 1Gross, A., Y. Alfiya, M. Sklarz, A. Maimon, and E. Friedler. 2014. Environmental impact of irrigation with greywater treated by recirculating vertical flow constructed wetlands in two climatic regions. Water Science and Technology 69: 2452-2459.
13) Maimon, A., E. Friedler and 1A. Gross. 2014. Parameters affecting greywater quality and its safety for reuse. Science of the Total Environment 487:20-25.
14) Freedman, A., A. Gross, O. Shelef, S. Rachmilevitch and S. Arnon. 2014. Salt uptake and evapotranspiration under arid conditions in horizontal subsurface flow constructed wetland planted with halophytes. Ecological Engineering 70:282–286.
15) #Benami, M., O. Gillor, and 1A. Gross. 2015. The question of pathogen quantification in disinfected graywater. Science of The Total Environment 506-507: 496–504.
16) Korine, C., A. Adams, U. Shamir and A. Gross. 2015. Effect of water quality on species richness and activity of bats of desert-dwelling bats: Can bats indicate water quality? Mammalian Biology, 80: 185-190
17) #Fox, S., N. Mozes, O. Lahav, N. Mirzoyan and 1A. Gross. 2015. Treatment of nitrate-rich saline effluent by using citrate-rich waste as carbon source and electron donor in a single-stage activated sludge reactor. Water, Air, and Soil Pollution (in press)/
18) Mirzoyan, N. and A. Gross (2015). Electron-acceptor utilization and methanogenesis in brackish aquaculture sludge. Aquacultural Engineering, 67: 32-38.
19) Orlofsky, E. M. Benami, A. Gross, M. Dutt and O. Gillor (2015). Rapid MPN-qPCR screening for pathogens in air, soil, water and agricultural produce. Water, Air, and Soil Pollution, 226: 303-312
20) Aruety, T., T. Brunner, Z. Ronen, A. Gross, K. Sowers and D. Zilberg (2015). Decreasing levels of the fish pathogen Streptococcus iniae following inoculation into the sludge digester of a zero-discharge
recirculating aquaculture system (RAS). Aquaculture, 450: 335-341.
21) Busgang, A., E. Friedler, O. Ovadia and A. Gross (2015). Epidemiological study for the assessment of health risks associated with greywater reuse for irrigation in arid regions. Science of the total environment, 538: 230-239.
22) Quinn, B., E. Apolinario, A. Gross and K. R Sowers (2015). Microbial characterization of mariculture fish waste reduction to biomethane in a land-based recirculating mariculture system. Aquaculture (accepted for Publication).
Gross, A., A. Maimon, Y. Alfiya, and E. Friedler. 2015. Greywater reuse. CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, Inc., London, UK. 304 pp.
Gross, A., A. Maimon, Y. Alfiya, and E. Friedler. 2015. Safe reuse of greywater reuse. pp.304. (In Hebrew).