The Dvora and Michael Goldhirsh Foundation at the Ben-Gurion Research Institute for the Study of Israel and Zionism is offering an NIS 5,000 research prize for a doctoral dissertation proposal in the field of Holocaust Studies approved by a recognized research institution from October 2019 onward.
Dissertation proposals focusing on one of the following research fields will be given preference:
• Key issues, processes, and events during the Holocaust
• The Holocaust as reflected in social, cultural, and intellectual life in Israel and the Jewish world
• Holocaust remembrance and commemoration in Israel and abroad
Applicants should submit the following documents as attachments to an email message addressed to email@example.com
• The approved doctoral dissertation proposal
• An official approval of the dissertation proposal as authorized by the academic or research institution where the research is conducted
• Two letters of recommendation should be sent separately and directly to the committee's administrator, to the email address below, by the applicant's mentors or by faculty members whose expertise corresponds to that of the applicant
The applicant is responsible for verifying receipt of all required documents.
The Goldhirsh Research Prize will be awarded at the Holocaust Remembrance Day ceremony to be held at the Ben-Gurion Researc h Institute for the Study of Israel and Zionism, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Sde Boker Campus, in the presence of the Goldhirsh family
Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, February 1, 2022
For further inquiries please contact: Tel. +972-8-6596936; firstname.lastname@example.org