The DNA microarrays and DNA sequencing is an NIBN/BGU "core laboratory" and provides a number of services that rely on high-priced instruments not usually at the daily disposal of a standard level research laboratory.
These services are performed on:
1. Applied Biosystems (ABI) PRISM 3100 Genetic Analyzer. The system is a high-throughput automated electrophoresis instrument with 16 capillaries (50 cm long), provided with software for data collection and analysis. It enables simultaneous analysis of 16 DNA samples every 2.5 hours.
2. An Affymetrix DNA microarray platform, that includes: GeneChip Scanner 3000 7G, Fluidics Station 450, Hybridization Oven 640, and a powerful computer workstation with dual Xeon processors loaded with GeneChip Operating Software (GCOS).
Services provided are:
DNA Sequencing (using the plasmid pGEM as DNA template, reproducible runs of 650-720 reliable DNA bases are routinely obtained by the lab staff)
Click here for details about DNA sample requirements and pricing
- Genotyping by analysis of DNA fragments
- Whole genome expression analyses
- Whole genome methylation mapping (please enquire)
- Whole genome mapping of cis-regulatory elements (please enquire)
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) genotyping
- Detection of unknown genetic mutations and (SNPs)