1. Membrane dynamic changes associated with viral, chemical and electromagnetic cell transformation and malignancy.
2. Adenosine deaminase (ADA) and adenosine deaminase complexing protein (ADCP = CD26 = DPPIV) in cell transformation: biophysical manifestation of membrane dynamics; reconstitution in liposomes; effect of lipid composition, cholesterol and phase transition on ADA activity; spectroscopic deciphering of passive modulation, site accessibility and hydrophobic mismatching models.
3. Protein-drug interaction: fibroblast growth factor-2 (bFGF) and the antiangiogenic drug Suradista.
4. Membrane dynamics, cellular signaling and ciliary motion.
5. Bacterial cell cycle and the transertion model: DnaA and membrane domains.
6. Protein-protein interactions: effect of cold inactivation on the quaternary structure of tryptophanase; point mutations, x-ray crystallography structure determination; quorum sensing and biofilm formation; searching for a new generation of antibiotics
7. Free radicals and bioelectromagnetics; do high voltage wire lines cause cancer?
8. Programmed cell death: apoptosis, necrosis and autophagy.
9. Protective effect of humanin and Its derivatives against necrotic cell death
a. Fluorescence immunoassays
b. Non-invasive determination of fetal lung maturity
c. Development and design of archetype equipment for the detection of drugs in body fluids without reagents utilizing time resolved laser spectroscopy; 3D and synchronous fluorescence spectra
d. resolved laser spectroscopy; 3D and synchronous fluorescence spectra
e. Homeland security: detection of poisons in water resources
f. Development of a fluorescence assay for Interferon
Spectrofluorometry is the major method used in the above: single photon correlation and multifrequency phase modulation for lifetime, anisotropy decay and energy-transfer studies; fluorescent affinity labels; fluorescent probes.