Short Term Research Grants for International PhD Students
The Israeli Council for Higher Education (CHE) is offering competitive grants for international PhD students that will come to Israeli universities for one year during their studies. Who can apply: PhD students currently studying towards a PhD degree at an accredited institution abroad. The candidates must have completed at least one year of studies toward their PhD degree by the time of application.
The program is open to students from all countries and in all academic disciplines.
- 1. The student is not a citizen or a resident of Israel
- 2. Candidate will come to BGU for research period of 4-12 month which will start by October 2021. (Students coming for a
whole year will be prioritized).
- 3. The student is enrolled in a doctoral degree program at an accredited institution of higher education overseas.
- 4. The student has completed their first year of doctoral studies successfully.
The grant will sum up to 80,000 NIS for the year. (The grants is proportional to the period of stay)
Scholarships will be offered on a competitive basis to seven students throughout BGU.
The submission process will require inputs as follows:
- • Applicants CV
- • Applicants motivation letter (reason for wanting to come to BGU)
- • Letter of recommendation from advisor at home university
- • Additional relevant letter of recommendation
- • A brief description of the research project as a whole and the research to be conducted at BGU including a relevant time
- • An explanation letter from BGU advisor, explaining the impact/benefits from the participation of the incoming student to their research and what resources will be provided to the student.
The completed file (with all documents) needs to be submitted by the BGU advisor to his/her faculty.
Each faculty can submit up to 3 candidates to the Office of International Academic Affairs. Results will be published.