The Feinberg Graduate School of the Weizmann Institute of Science (WIS) is pleased to announce a new deadline for applications to this postdoctoral fellowships program, combining research in a Weizmann Institute laboratory with a leading laboratory in another country. The program will encourage progress towards an independent academic career, by offering opportunities for international research experience to excellent female Ph.D. graduates who are unable to relocate for a conventional postdoc abroad.
The program will allow maximal flexibility in the division of the candidate's time between the two host laboratories, and successful fellows will be free to modify their research plans and time commitments to each of the host laboratories according to the evolving needs of the project.
Applications are evaluated once per year, and the next deadline for applications will be April 15, 2018.
· Ph.D. graduates from all Israeli universities with excellent academic and research track records.
· Applicants must be within 2 years of Ph.D. approval date.
· WIS Ph.D. graduates who wish to conduct postdoctoral training with their Ph.D. advisor MAY NOT apply to this program.
· The candidate should have already submitted her online application to the WIS Postdoctoral Program.
Funding and duration
The fellowships will provide $ 10,000 per year for two years, with an option to extend for an additional two years if warranted. The funding will be used for travel, accommodation and per diem costs of the fellow related to the collaboration with the overseas laboratory. Postdoctoral stipends of the fellows should be funded from other sources, and fellows are encouraged to apply for other competitive fellowships to this end, including the Faculty Deans fellowships and the Koshland awards of the Weizmann Institute.
Funding may be carried over from one year to the next if the budget is not fully utilized, as long as the fellow does not carry over more than $ 10,000 in any given year. Unused funds that cannot be carried over will be returned to the overall program budget, for the future benefit of other fellows.
Fellowships will be awarded on a competitive basis, and academic excellence will be the overriding consideration in choice of awardees.
1. Short CV (2 pages maximum).
2. List of main publications (2 pages maximum)
3. Research plan- please submit a research plan under the co-mentorship of two postdoctoral advisors, one from the Weizmann Institute and one from a leading laboratory in another country. The research plan will outline the topic, the collaborating laboratories, and the mode of collaboration (3 pages maximum).
4. A formal approval of the doctorate degree.
5. Supporting letters from the two co-mentors.
6. A letter of support from the PhD advisor.
7. Additional letters of support are welcomed.
How to apply:
Nominations of candidates will be done via an online service. In order to apply, please do the following:
For candidates who have a WIS account:
1. Click the link: http://prodis.weizmann.ac.il/pls/htmldb/f?p=314:101
2. Use your username and password to access the system (You can access the system only with a computer connected to WIS network)
3. Select a CALL (in this case: 2018-Combined Weizmann-Abroad Postdoctoral Program for Advancing Women in Science-2018)
4. Upload the required documents in PDF. Format only.
5. Input the name(s) of your referee(s) whom you wish to submit a letter on behalf of you
6. Ask your referees to upload their letters of recommendation
7. Upon completing the session and clicking the SUBMIT CHANGES button the system will send you an email with unique links to each of the referees you have listed. You may send each one of them the link and they will be able to access the system and submit their letter (no username and password will be required)
For candidates who do not have a WIS account:
1. Please send an e-mail of request for a username and password to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Click the link: https://erez.weizmann.ac.il/pls/htmldb/f?p=314:101
3. Use your username and password to access the system
4. Select a CALL (in this case: 2018-Combined Weizmann-Abroad Postdoctoral Program for Advancing Women in Science-2018)
5. Upload the required documents in PDF. Format only.
6. Input the name(s) of your referee(s) whom you wish to submit a letter on behalf of you
7. Ask your referees to upload their letters of recommendation
8. Upon completing the session and clicking the SUBMIT CHANGES button the system will send you an email with unique links to each of the referees you have listed. You may send each one of them the link and they will be able to access the system and submit their letter (no username and password will be required).
· You may access the system as many times as you wish, view the existing files and upload additional ones until the deadline mentioned below. Thereafter the particular CALL will be blocked.
· You will be notified when one of your referees has submitted a recommendation letter on your behalf.
· Each time you click the SUBMIT CHANGES button the system will send you a reminder with a list of the missing documents and letters.
· Another reminder will be sent to you three days before the deadline.
· Please notify the FGS in case you encounter a problem during submission
· Incomplete files will NOT be reviewed