McKesson (Now Change Healthcare) constantly looking for a highly motivated, experienced (and mostly friendly) addition to our cardiology team. Take a look at the requirements below, if you think we have a match - let's talk!
Tier-3 Application Engineer - Clinicals
Tactical Engineering group, McKesson Cardiology (Now Change Healthcare)
T3 Engineering is the frontline of the McKesson Cardiology Tactical Engineering group.
T3 Engineers deliver effective technical support by delivering solutions to both technical and clinical end users while also supporting a wide range of technologies. You will be the point of escalation for advanced technical support issues escalated by our T1/T2 Support and Services departments, and will work towards researching and resolving on-going technical issues with the McKesson Cardiology medical systems at live customer hospitals. As a T3 Engineer you will not only work towards resolving issues at customer live sites, but also be responsible to work together with Development, QA, Product Management and Regulation groups to assess and execute required advanced activities on the overall product line.
As a T3 Application Engineer in the Clinicals team you will be in charge of our Hemodynamic modules (Software and Hardware) used by our customers for Catheterization procedures.
Among the various tasks of the T3 Engineer:
· Taking ownership of advanced technical issues (T3 Engineering level), and working with the Development groups until they are resolved
· Working with Product Management on design issues and enhancements requests
· Working with QA to reproduce issues
· Assuring defects are being documented and processed
· Writing troubleshooting and resolution steps Knowledge Base articles
· Delivering knowledge and training sessions to Support/Services/Distributers teams
· Participate in Engineering strategic projects (i.e. Beta Projects)
· Become an SME (subject matter expert) for specific modules
· Bachelor of a Bio-Medical Engineering.
· Strong knowledge of the Heart physiology and anatomy
· At least 2 years' experience in the High tech industry.
· Strong technical understanding of Windows based systems
· Experience as a T1-T3 Support engineer
· Work experience in a biomedical software company.
· Troubleshooting skills.
· Experience with SQL
· Networking knowledge and troubleshooting
· Experience with medical information systems, HL7 and DICOM processing
· Experience with PACS/RIS/HIS systems (Hospital Information Systems)
· Excellent English written and verbal skills
· Ability to work independently
· Excellent analytical, interpersonal, decision making and organizational skills.
· Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
· Ability to work well under pressure.
· Ability to learn quickly in a high pace, challenging environment.
· Ability to conduct training sessions, give presentations, and interface and communicate with co-workers in a clear and professional manner.
· Last-minute travel up to 15% is required to provide on-site support.
· Ability to provide from time to time afterhours support (including weekends)