The Office for scientific and academic cooperation from the French Embassy in Israel is looking for a young French PhD or Post-doc, who would like to conduct research in an Israeli laboratory for one or two years in the framework of the International Volunteer Program.
One position is currently available, starting January 15th 2018. Thus, we invite you to be in touch with French laboratories, universities and research institutes if you would like to host a young scientist in your team. Purpose of the program
The International Volunteer Program is intended to promote scientific cooperation between France and Israel by supporting financially the work of a young PhD or Post-doc in an Israeli laboratory. The international volunteer is under the responsibility of the French Ministry of Foreign affairs and will have to devote some time (approx. 3 days a month) to the activities of the Office for scientific and academic cooperation.
The candidate must:
- be under 28 years old, or under 29 years old if he/she already has a Civiweb account;
- have a French or European nationality;
- be fluent in French and English;
- work on exact science: mathematics, physic, chemistry, medicine, engineering, etc.;
- have been accepted in an Israeli laboratory/research institute.
- the International Volunteer receives a grant on a monthly basis which is co-financed by French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Israeli host institution. The value is approximately equal to 2 450 Euros per month: around 1 650 Euros from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and 800 Euros from the Israeli laboratory;
- the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs also provides health insurance coverage, plane ticket (round-trip ticket France-Israel) and luggage transportation (150 kg) to Israel.
The program duration is 1 year, renewable once. Only one extension is possible for a total maximum duration of 2 years.
How to apply?
Israeli professors wishing to host the candidate have to fill the form enclosed to this email. The candidate has to send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- the duly completed form enclosed to this email;
- a CV;
- a motivation letter;
- at least one recommendation letter. Application Form 2017-2018.doc
must be written in English.
The Israeli laboratory participating in the selected project will receive a contract form. The contract form indicates the month on which the project will begin, along with the duration and the amount of the financial participation for each side.\
DEADLINE TO APPLY: NOVEMBER 16th, 2017